Thursday, November 14, 2013

Flipped - Week of 11/11/13

Slight Spoiler

Prompt: Write a summary of what you just read.
Pages Read: 1-30

    This is an amazing realistic fiction book! This is actually more than amazing. I love this book so much because of how well written it is. I know i'm still in the beginning of the book but I still get a lot of the story's plot. This book is about the life of two children growing up together and of their connections and interactions with each other. In the beginning of the book one of the main characters is Julianna and she has a crush on another main character, Bryce. A lot has happened in the story so I won't spoil it all I will just spoil one part. Which is also summarizing what I have just read.  In the book each chapter is told in both Juli's and Bryce's first person point of view. The part I will spoil is in Bryce's point of view.

      Juli loves to climb this sycamore tree that is by the school bus stop. She waits everday for the school bus on top of the tree. Bryce waits by the same bus stop as Juli along with other students. One day when they were both waiting, up on the tree as usual was Juli. Then these men came up to them and said that they need to move because they are join to cut down the tree. Everyone obeyed except Juli. Juli was protesting and asking them why do they want to take away this tree. The men replied that it was the orders of the owner. Juli yelled down to Bryce and the other kids to climb up on the tree. If everyone goes up they won't cut down the tree. Juli was mostly begging Bryce and he felt embarrassed so he just ignored her. It was until the school bus came that everyone left except Juli. Bryce does not know what happened after that. He was left curious and wondering.

    Juli wasn't at school the school whole day, Bryce also noticed she wasn't in the school bus on the way home either. When Bryce arrived home his grandfather talked to him for the first time! What I man by "the first time" is that his grandfather doesn't really have an actual conversation with him. It usually is just saying "hi" and "bye" just a few words. The downside was that the first time they have an actual conversation it's an argument... about Juli! She made the front news paper because of her refusing to get out off the tree. There was a whole story about her trying to convince other students to get on the tree. Bryce's grandpa knew Bryce was one of those students. His grandpa was upset for hating Juli and ignoring her. He thinks Juli is a special girl. Bryce is confused because his whole entire life she has been nothing else but an annoying, know-it-all girl. The conversation made him wondering which leaves me wondering too. Now all I can do as a reader, is read on.

This is how a Sycamore tree looks like
     

     

3 comments:

  1. I've seen the movie that goes with the book and it's really great! If I hadn't seen the movie before, you definitely gave a really good description. I love Bryce Juli's story. There so different, but alike at the same time. I hope you enjoy the book and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Marisa, Athziry and Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen a lot of people reading this book so I've been wanting to read it for a while now. I never really knew what the book was about just from reading the summary one time, but now I have an understanding of it and an urge to read it even more! Great job at summarizing!

    ReplyDelete