Sunday, August 17, 2014

Reconstructing Amelia - Summer Post

Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight
Pages Read: FINISHED
My own prompt: Tell what this book is about and describe what you do and/or don't like.


     When I first discovered this book I thought it would take me on a mystified adventure. My prediction was wrong. It did take me on an adventure but it was not mystified it was much more than that. The book was very thrilling and really kept me on the edge of my seat. The more you read the more you want to know. I will admit for me this book was a bit confusing because the topics would change very quickly and directly. One thing came after another, overall at the end the knot was untied.

     This mystery book takes you on a courageous adventure of a single mother looking for her child. Kate, the mother, gets a phone call claiming that her daughter, Amelia, had been caught cheating. Amelia, being a good student and never caused trouble at all so that is why Kate was very perplexed to receive that phone call. When Kate arrives at Amelia's school she find even news about her daughter, Amelia is dead. A suicide of this fifteen year-old has been revealed. Amelia jumped off the roof. Just when Kate's heart could barely take all this in there is more. Kate receives an anonymous text stating that Amelia never jumped. After that Kate takes off on an investigation to discover the truth on her daughters "death."

    As I read this book it seemed to me that the mom was not much in contact with Amelia. Therefore Kate does not know her daughter that well. Amelia's image to Kate seems innocent, but I would not describe Kate as "blind" because of how the author hid Amelia life so well. That is something that I absolutely loved in this book. Many lies and betrayals was uncovered. Me, as the reader, could not believe the ghost shocking truths. Neither would any of the other readers. There were also some parts where a character in the book would do something stupid and I felt as if the author just added that in there to keep the emotion of the reader. It was sort of a forced scene. I did not like that because at some point I need to rest. It was just the after feeling that leaves me thinking. Such an adventure. I recommend this book to whomever loves mysteries with mind shocking explosions. Just remember it's just a book. (what every reader hates to hear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment