Saturday, October 18, 2014

First Quarter Reflections

     When the school year first began nothing has changed much. We are all back to the same routine. The only difference would be that we are getting through work that is more advanced. For example we did a whole unit on character development based on short stories. Last year, in the first quarter we just did an introduction of what was expected in this class. This year, since we know the expectations, we are just continuing our learning but on a more advanced level because we are no longer in seventh grade. Our work so far this year does not seem like an introduction of the class and I like that. Therefore the work was a bit more challenging for me. Though, I do see improvement in my reading skills when it comes to reading a book. After learning more about character development I was able to analyze how the main character in my book would reshape his/her persona.

     In this quarter we were able to get into more discussions about the news all around the world. One of those discussions would be about Ebola and how it is wildly spreading all over the world. My class and I were able to discuss about the topic and hear one another's opinion about how we should be handling this situation. I have also noticed that we all worked a lot with partners for most assignments. It was not partners of our choice it had to be our shoulder partner, so that helped me learn how to cooperate with others. There were times where my shoulder partner and I did not really agree with each other but we were able to solve it. It also helped me see another's view and get more ideas. Which this helped expand my mind. Overall, this first quarter flew by but I was able to learn a lot. 

1 comment: