Monday, October 6, 2014

Then and Now - Reflective Writing

     When I look back at my very first post I do not see much improvement. Though, I do remember in my first post I did not exactly know what I was doing. I was just trying to make it the best I can. Basically, I would struggle a bit more because I was unsure of my writing skills. Now, I know how to make even more thorough thoughts that will easily be followed by the readers. My vocabulary and word choices do not show any difference. I do seem to have a topic sentence in my first blog post. Which is something that I probably already knew. I also have noticed that I had much more enthusiasm in my first blog. Maybe that is because I of the topic I was writing about which is my favorite book(s). For example I would use an exclamation mark to show I am excited. Sometimes I would exaggerate a topic to add some humor or sarcasm. I do not know exactly what changed me but I know that my posts now are considered to me as... boring.

     In my most recent post I have better organization. Before, I would force in a topic that I knew I would need to include. Now, I would break them down and separate them into sections just how I did in my last posts, or I would figure out a way to ease in the topic. I also get more in depth on a certain topic which I am trying to explain. After analyzing my first blog post and my most recent one I do not see much difference. Therefore, I hope to make a difference this year. Maybe I will try to add more enthusiasm towards my feelings about a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment