Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Little Catch Up

     I probably will not have any readers for this blog post, or the next upcoming ones. I truly plan on continuing blogger. Starting this blog in 7th grade for class assignments truly made an impact on my writing style. Of course, Mrs. Larson, my teacher, was there to guide me and did so much more. Huge thank you for that. I want to enhance my writing and what better way to do that than practicing. I still have my mind set on becoming a journalist, therefore, this might be a good idea.

     When I graduated middle school I still kept in contact with my friends, for a while. We did lose contact eventually. We did not completely lose contact until I started summer school at Fenwick high school. One friend, she is an Irish dancer. I'm assuming from what I have seen on social media she is traveling the country performing her dancing. Another friend, went to Seattle as a camp trip. The rest, I'm not sure what they did but they probably were also busy. I, on the other hand, was also busy. Still am, actually. I had summer school and had many adventures that I would like to write about on another post.

     Throughout this whole entire summer I was doing something constantly. I was planning for my quinceañera. The traditional hispanic royal ball a young lady has when she turns 15. My family and I started the planning last year, but we still have a lot of last minute things to do. My quince will be held exactly on my birthday which I am excited about. One would think that planning this party is fun, and it is somewhat true. It can also be very stressful. What I am overall hopeful for is that my guests have a fun time and will forever remember my party.

     My summer has not only been filled with quince planning, but of course reading. Reading is just a constant hobby I will always do. The books I have read this summer is The Hobbit, a very famous read. I read this book with my dad since he took a small summer break from school. It was a good experience being able to have a discussion on a book with him. When I usually share facts about a book I am interested in to my parents, they get annoyed so they tell me to go do something. After The Hobbit, I read Papertowns by John Green. Just like any John Green book one can expect an unexpected surprised. No more will be said for spoiling purposes. Then there are two summer books that were assigned to me for school. I finished When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka. I had a hard time starting this book because historical fiction is not my favorite genre. Right now I am starting Haroun and The Sea of Stories by Salman Otsuka. This book is starting off to be interestingly confusing. I've had other summer reads but I rather save those for separate blog posts.

     What I plan to do with this blog is branch out and write about anything. It'll just be a random blog with random topics. I hope to gain readers through Instagram, because that is where I would advertise my blog. Most people who follow me on there are bookworms, fangirls and fanboys. I know they would want reviews on books and I am more than happy to do it. :) Welcome to my blog! 👑

No comments:

Post a Comment