Thursday, October 24, 2013

The Infernal Devices: The Clockwork Prince: Week of 10/21/13

Prompt: If you were a character in this book, who would you be? Why?
Pages read: 80 - 154

     This book is just truly amazing! There are so many characters with an interesting history. What I mean by that is that when they were a child they have been through so much. Their past life was terrible. Jem has his family dead, Will has a curse so he can not see his family, and Tessa has been kidnapped. The characters in this book seem to have so much persona.

     If I were a character in the book I think I would be Tessa. I can compare myself more to her than the other characters. Tessa is a girl who loves to read, she has a very calm nature, and remembers the most important moments of life. I have always thought books, in general, are very important. It is the only thing that takes us to a different world, that is why must treasure them. "One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." Tessa tells this to Will in a part  where they are both in the library discussing about the treasury if books.
 
     Tessa and I do have some differences though. She is very brave and has the power to change into other people. When she was battling an automation she was actually fighting it. Tessa was not scared she was just surprised because it attacked her. I would have been frightened or probably faint! I do not think I would be able to fight it off. Although, I have never been in a situation like that so I don't exactly know how I would react... but my guess is that I will faint.

     Tessa goes through so many great adventures throughout the books. She is helping many investigations and battles. She is trying to investigate why Mortmain is trying to capture her and why did he say, "I created you?" Tessa has told Jem that when Mortmain told her that it made her feel like Mortmain can destroy her if he made her. Tessa is going on a roller coaster full of emotion. The adventure is so amazing that I would love to be Tessa! I just wish there is a way to bring this book alive...





   
   


2 comments:

  1. I commented on Julia, Isabelle B. and Nick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture because it gave you a clear visual of the character and the quote is wonderful because I can relate to it. This book seems like it has wonderful qualities and I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete