Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Infernal Devices: The Clockwork Prince: Week of 10/28/13

Spoiler Alert

Prompt: How have your feelings changed as you've been reading?
Pages Read: 154-  (END)

     This whole entire story gives me so many feelings that it is painful! There are parts where I get so elated and then it changes to delirious feelings towards specific character because the choices they make are so terrible. Throughout the book Tessa and Jem share a friendship connection. While Will is trying to figure out who put the spell of making hime fall in love with Tessa. He goes to the warlock, Magnus Bane, for help asking him to help him search for the demon who put the spell on him so he may get it removed. Until they finally summon up the demon who explicitly says there was never a spell put on him in the first place!

     Overjoyed he runs back to the institute to tell Tessa he loves her but all that happiness for nothing because Tessa tells will that she has been engaged to Will's best friend and parabatai, Jem. This made me really angry because when Will was on his way to Tessa thought to myself "Yes! Will and Tessa can finally be together!" My happiness shriveled up and drifted away. During the story Will and Tessa had a weird relationship Will would sometimes be mean to Tessa but then he had his moments when he was kind and generous. 

     It is not that I do not like Jem it's just that I prefer Will because I know that Tessa loves Will more and that Will loves Tessa. I don't know why Tessa agreed to marrying Jem. (Actually I do but don't want to give many spoilers.) Obviously as you can tell I am anxious to read more and find out if Tessa will actually marry Jem. I can't find out until the next book "The Clockwork Princess." My prediction is that the this last prequel book will be a even more twisted story with a giant roller coaster full of emotion. I just hope Will and Tessa will be together.


Will & Tessa

3 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like an amazing book to read! Now I really want to know why Tessa agreed into marrying Jem! I don't think Tessa will marry Jem because if she really loves Will, then her heart belongs to him. I'm not really into the genre of romantic, but this book actually may be interesting to read sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a seriously interesting book! From what you described, I think I would be so upset if I read this book and I read the part about Tessa being engaged to Jem. I haven't really read a book that affects my emotions very much, so I think this would be an awesome book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I commented on Amelia, Gustavo, and Maria.

    ReplyDelete