Wednesday, October 9, 2013

The Mortal Instruments: City of Fallen Angels - Week of 10/7/13


Pages read: 346 - 424
Prompt: After reading I wonder...

     After reading this book it really left my mind hanging on a cliff. As you might say this book left me on a cliff hanger. When I was at the end of the book I predicted that something really bad was going to happen. I predicted this because the story was ending in a happy ending. I thought surely there needs to be more in order to continue the series. My prediction was wrong, I thought something bad will happen but no, instead something terrible and frightening happened. Jace, one of the main characters who is in love, now possesses the spirit of Sebastian, or as some people call him Jonathan. Sebastian is one of the main reasons there has been so many destructions and deaths of Shadowhunters

     After reading I wonder if Jace will still have control of his body. The ending of the book was really intense. "We are now, little brother, you and I, Sebastian said. We are one." This last line left me wandering lost in a different world trying to find my way back. Will Jace still have control of his body? Will Sebastian have control instead? Or will they both have control and have to fight for control? Many questions are knotted up in my head and can't be answered until the next book, City of Lost Souls.

     I am also wondering why would Sebastian come back to this world. What is he planing? He can't be planing to create powerful Shadowhunters with demon blood like him because his father, Valentine, tried that and failed terribly to do that. Instead, Valentine died because of the power he wanted to create. I can't predict anything else of why Sebastian is back. Unless he plans to get revenge... or maybe he plans on something even more horrifying than Valentine's plan. Whatever he is up to I'm sure it is demonic, just like him.

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds really interesting. I like how you clearly tell us the main problem and the image gives us more of a description of the characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This book really sounds interesting, and appealing! I know that feeling were a book leaves you at a cliffhanger. It leaves you wondering, and wondering, and kind of gets you irritated. I loved how you described the characters and the situation, which helps me understand more. The picture you attached is also really great and creative! Which helps me get clues of the characters. This book is now officially on my MUST read list. :D

    ReplyDelete