Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Giver - Week of 11/2/13

Prompt:  What surprises you in this story? Explain why. What you are reading is going to be made into a movie. Create the movie poster.

Pages Read: 1 - FINISHED

     What surprised me the most in the book was I think the ending. The ending had that intense feel to it that has made very curious. The ending confused many of my classmates and it confused me too but when I found out that the second book is called Son I was not that discombobulated anymore. I thought there was only one book.

     In the end of the book Jonas leaves to go to Elsewhere he takes Gabe along too because he was going to be Released. He slides down the snowy hill and is running out of food along with memories of the sun. By how the book ends it ends with an music or an echo. I found it confusing because the ending is like trying to convince the readers that Jonas died but it never specifically say that Jonas died. I am just very curious to know and hope that I will read Son one day.

     I have created the poster for the movie that is coming to theatres next year in 2014. The baby stands for Gabe and his eyes which were like Jonas'. The eye stands for "being able to see beyond." The bike is for the the people in the utopian community who rides bikes. Apple stands for the first color Jonas was noticing. Last is the houses which are all the same just how they want the community to be in the book. You can notice that all these pictures are black and white well that is because no one in the book is able to see colors except for Jonas and the Giver. I can't wait for the movie!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment