Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Curse: A Poem Inspired by TID

Book Series: The Infernal Devices
Author: Cassandra Clare

Since I am dying of boredom, I would like to share a poem that was inspired by The Infernal Devices. I wrote it myself a long time ago.

A heart shattered
in my own hands,
In my own grief
and in my own lands

Though it is not my fault,
It is the curse set in me,
It is the curse that takes control,
Yes,
I am aware it is still my choice

That is why I am in a hunt,
In a hunt for the demon,
The demon that set this curse,
This curse is what keeps me from my love,
My love so beautiful and free,
And free is what I wish to be

You see no one will understand,
So this is what I command,
LEAVE ME ALONE YOU MONSTER
You wouldn't care at all!

I won't get fooled again,
I will not take the fall.


This is based on one of the main characters, William Owen Herondale. It is in his point of view, of course. Will is convinced he has this curse in him set by a demon. The curse is that anyone who comes to love him and him to have love in return for that same person, his lover will die. It does not even have to be a lover it can be a family member whom he loves as family. Meanwhile, Will feels love for Tessa but he is being mean to her on purpose so that she won't fall in love with him. Will is saving Tessa from death, basically. Until eventually he can't control his feelings anymore so he sets out on a hunt for the demons who has set the curse in him.



No comments:

Post a Comment