Thursday, April 3, 2014

Shadow and Bone: Week of 3/31/14

Prompt: Who is the most interesting character in the book and why.
Pages Read: 1-189
Author: Leigh Bërdugo

     First of all, I recommend this book to ALL Shadowhunters out there. If you are part of the TMI fandom you know what I mean. The reason I recommend this book to all the Mortal Instruments fans would be because they are so alike. Well not really but in a way they are. Obviously, I am part of the TMI fandom and I am LOVING this book. I really do not want to spoil anything so in order to see if it is your kind of book you have to read it.

     My prompt is more of an opinion so I don't think many others would agree with me. On that note the most interesting character so far is The Darkling. He is a very powerful Grisha who is in a very high class. A Grisha is a person who has special powers. The Darkling is a very powerful Grisha that is known to not show mercy. In the book he is described as handsome and young but who has lived many years because he is immortal. There are many other dark rumors of him therefore many people fear him. The main character, Alina, has to travel for a long time with him. She has experienced many adventures with him and so she fears him. Although he has saved her life that overcame her fear to trust him. Alina is just afraid she might disappoint him.

    The Darkling is very interesting to me because he seems very dark and mysterious. I also like that he shows not mercy. Although he kills for important reason. I loved how he took action to save Alina by cutting a man in half which is called the Cut. That is just the beginning of his power so that is not much of a spoiler. He might be very strong but also has feelings so in a way I feel as if he is living in a curse. I can't explain why because I do not want to spoil it for the Shadowhunters.


2 comments:

  1. I've never read the book myself, but you make it sound very interesting, and I might read it outside of battle of the books. Good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Carlos, Jenna, and Amelia

    ReplyDelete