Friday, March 13, 2015

3rd Quarter Reflections

     Two of the books I have read this quarter that is my favorite is either Eleanor & Park or The Absolute True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. I cannot choose between the two because they are both very different yet left a huge impact on me. Eleanor & Park made me aware that there are people who are going through hardships and I should not be mean to them. Therefore, I should just be nice to everyone because I do not know what they have going on in their personal life. The Absolute True Diary Of a Part-Time Indian made me inspired and hopeful in my life goals. Anyone can achieve anything no matter in what position one is in. The theme of these two books is what made them my favorite.

     In my 40 book challenge I do not know where I am at because I am not keeping track. I like reading books endlessly for enjoyment. Although, I do keep track of the genre I am reading. I like being exposed to different genres and branch out. I have read a book in almost every genre except for auto-biography or biography. Which is basically non-fiction. I just do not know which book to read. Any recommendations? 

     What I enjoyed that was new this quarter is the free choice of AoW's. Gallery walks have helped me gain knowledge of different things around the world instead of just one topic in a week. I also got to know my peers in a way because their article of choice shows me the things that interests them. From there, I am able to interact with them on gallery walks. 

     This quarter I had a journey that made me gain lots of knowledge throughout writing. I have learned how to write argumentative essays along with that is the research. Lots of research needs to be involved. My research has also improved because of the argumentative unit. I am able to find valid information by identifying wether it is bias or not. Word choice, such as adjectives, take a role in bias articles. By knowing this, I am able to make my own conclusion as to which side I am on with argumentative articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment