Monday, March 23, 2015

Holocaust AoW Impressions

     It is interesting to see how there are different topics on the Holocaust. The reason for this being, is because the Holocaust was something that left so many impacts in this World that created a HUGE impact all together. Descendants of Holocaust survivors have developed stressed disorders that that makes them feel unsafe. This shows how tragedies could leave fear upon us for many generations. Then there are new discoveries being made today about the Holocaust. More concentration camps have been discovered. For a long time it was 7 thousand camps, now it is 12 thousand camps. Many of the articles were about survivors. One survivor that caught my interest was a woman (do not know name) but she knows how close she was to death until she was informed about it. She went to a gas chamber thinking it was a shower, then just left because she thought the "showers" did not work. Descendants of Holocaust survivors are just thankful that they were born in this World. Also, how all this needs to be kept in memory.

     The discoveries of the camps surprises me because I thought there was nothing more to the Holocaust, but this proves that there may be more. The woman who walked out of the gas chambers alive made me scared for her. If I were her I know I would be very thankful to be alive, although I'm sure she is, everyone as a matter of fact. Learning about the different topics of the Holocaust from my peers gives me more of an inside scoop of how it was during this dark period. I am just glad that all this is over, but not completely. There are definitely still genocides out there, but hopefully they will soon resolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment