Sunday, May 17, 2015

Aphorism Project 5/11/15

"...there is no such thing as 'too late' in life." (p. 190)

     Morrie's main message through this aphorism is that no matter how much time has passed in one's own lifetime, they still have the ability to do anything. Morrie is trying to influence people to continue or start a new event.

     This aphorism could be related to me. I wish I heard something similar like this during the time I needed motivation to set things right. I said something to someone that hurt their feelings. It is strange how words could have so much power. I waited a good while to apologize, but when I finally did. The relationship between that person and I was never the same. Although, I did feel
much more relieved. This aphorism could also be related to my parents. My parents were not really given the chance to finish school and then have a job. Later in life, they continued their education because they are both passionate about it.

     I agree with this aphorism because no matter the regrets or age, there is always time to set things right in life or create memories in life. In other words, there is always enough time for anything. When one makes something out of a certain age, you have experienced that age well. Like Morrie said, "I am every age up to my own." One needs to make every age something as if there was never a "too late in life."

No comments:

Post a Comment