Tuesday, May 13, 2014

40 Book Adventures

   

     In my class I have been assigned to read 40 books in the beginning of the school year until the end. We were given a chart where it tells us how many books of which kind genre we are expected to read. The reason for this being would be because my teacher wanted to expose us to different kinds of books. This is called the 40 Book Challenge. I think that is a marvelous idea. Even though some of us didn't make it to 40 books. Also we only have 15 days before the school year ends, it pretty much already ended. Some of us did not make it to 40 books, and I am one of those people. I have read 27 books out of the whole school year. Although the goal is just to motivate you to read more and to get you exposed to other types of genres that you normally would not read. I have actually read much more books than I usually do in the school year. In the summer I read way more. I guess that would be because in school our whole life time is taken up by school, school work, and sleep. This year, though, it was different. I made much more improvement.

    Compared to any other school year I did a spectacular job. I pushed myself to do the 40 book challenge because I would like to be proud of myself. Even though I did not complete it. I still did MUCH better than in sixth grade. Out of the scale of one to ten, I deserve an eight. That's how much I have improved from reading throughout the school year compared to seventh grade.I would get a nine if I made it to 40 books and a ten if I went past it. Also the books I chose for this challenge were my expectations. The genres allowed me to go into a higher reading level. Some books I would lose interest in but in other books I would find myself at exasperating cliffhangers. Thats what I like in a good book. I like that the 40 book challenge was not taken for grade but just for our own good. I thought that was a creative way to get competitive with yourself and have more exposure to other books.




1 comment:

  1. What was your favorite book you read this year?

    ReplyDelete