Thursday, January 15, 2015

Eleanor & Park - 1/12/15 Additional blog

Author: Rainbow Rowell
Pages Read: FINISHED

     I finished this book less than a week. I could not put it down, there were moments when I would laugh and sometimes I wanted to throw the book at the wall because of Eleanor. (I would never book abuse!) Eleanor is the kind of girl who is too insecure about herself. I understand why she would be insecure, because of her personal life but her insecurities effect people around her. Like Park is truly in love with her and when he says something like, "I was nervous because your different." Eleanor would translate that to, "By different you mean ugly, fat, weird and not like other girls." This would make Park lose confidence with her. It would be things like this that Eleanor would say or do.

     I do not want to spoil anything for blogger readers, but this book left flat on the ground. I understand that most of the time, in a book, it is not about the ending but about the story. I remember reading a book that I hated the ending so I deleted the book from my kindle and I wanted to do many other things so I could forget about it. Now I regret it. The ending to this book is mostly based on one's opinion. Some thought it was good others thought the opposite. Then there are those who just are left deep in thought and are not able to start a new book. It is a book hangover! Wish others good luck to those who plan on reading this book.

2 comments:

  1. Ah yes...the inevitable book hangover. Have you fully recovered yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have, thanks for asking. :)

      Delete