Monday, January 5, 2015

Roll of Thunder Hear Hear My Cry - Winter Break

Prompt: Does the title fit the story? Why or why not?
Author:
Pages Read: FINISHED

     This book seems to relate the past perfectly. Roll of Thunder Hear My Cry involves bravery and truth about our past which is racism. Racism is still going on today in society but not as much as in the past. Many had to live in fear from people who are no different than others. In the end of the book, which is where the climax mostly is at, there is a storm which set the fields on fire. That is when everyone in the book has to work together to put the fire out. Just before there was a fire a riot against the colored was going on. Their intentions were to hang a young boy who is being blamed of murder. When the storm and thunder strikes it makes matters worst because more get injured. In a way it helps all of them work together and forget their purpose in that moment.

    This shows me that greater tragedies could make certain situations better. Though, in that moment one might be terrified just how the main character is terrified. "Hear My Cry" when one is terrified they might show it by crying many characters in the book shows fear in different ways. One of the characters, TJ, when he would get angry or embarrassed he would "play off" the situation and act worst. That is his personality. Colored people were not treated fairly in this book, because that is how it was in the past. Many are just yelling for help and doing whatever they can to support themselves and their family. I also think the title is used metaphorically, the thunder might not just be the storm at the end of the book t could also be about the situations the main characters have been facing throughout her book.


     Overall, my thoughts toward this book is mostly positive. The ending says truth which was my favorite part. I recommend this book to everyone. This is to my type of book but I really did enjoy it. It was a great experience to read it and very interesting. I will admit it is not my top favorite out of five stars I give it three. Such a great book to learn about the past. If you read this book, hope you enjoy it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment