Thursday, February 13, 2014

Rules: 2-10-14

2 Voice Poem on Rules by Cynthia Lord


Why can't I have a normal life?

Remember the rule to appreciate what you have

It is hard to appreciate what you don't have

Why can't I have a normal brother?

I'm sorry

I want some attention from my parents

When are we going to the video games store?

I do not know, maybe at 5:00

NO! 

Sorry, at exactly 5:00

Ok, I can't wait!

Is there a cure for autism?


Why do people see us differently?
Look my airplane!

He causes lots of attention.

I like having fun!

I do not even get invited for parties because of him.

Parties are fun too!

He ruined my drawings!

Your drawings are ugly

I can't wait for the new neighbor

I just want a friend

I want to be the neighbor's friend

I am just worried that she won't like me

I have to say "Hi" to her that is the rule

She might not like me because of my brother

Or if a person says "hi" to me say it back

That is why I give him rules so that he may be normal

I forget the rules sometimes

Always got to follow the rules


My only time alone with mom it's when he is at the doctor's


I don't like the doctor's that much, but they are still nice.


Mom reads me a book while I draw

There are fun toys there

When we leave there I still feel lonely

I wonder who else has rules...

I need a friend to understand me

I need someone to play with me

Will no one understand?

3 comments:

  1. Good poem!!! You explained really well, and your poem was really interesting. You did the format of the poem well and I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Amelia, Jesus, and Steven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this poem! In fact, I really like how the two voices are similar, and the last line. Overall great job!

    ReplyDelete