Thursday, February 27, 2014

Rules: Week of 2/24/14

Prompt: What have you been reading? What does it remind you of in your own life?
Pages read: 32-96

     I do not get how could someone be embarrassed by their own brother or sister? Well actually I do know, but Catherine, the main character, is embarrassed of her own brother's sickness. My argument is that no one should be embarrassed of their brother or sister just because they have autism. Catherine's brother has autism and because of his behavior and slow learning she is too mortified to be around him. My sister has her legs crooked and I am not embarrassed by it at all. I can't control what she has or what makes her, her. If I had the power to cure her I would though. She wants to take dancing classes and do other fun sport but she can't because of her legs. She also takes a lot of other medical care. I can relate a lot to Catherine but I do not feel anything like she does towards her brother. Overall what this book reminds me of is of my little six year-old sister, Monse.

     The reason why this book reminds me of my sister would be because of how much attention my sister would get because of her legs. My whole family revolves around her just how Catherine's family does. Catherine also takes trips to the clinic for her brother to get a check up every week. I take trips to the clinic so Monse could get a blood test every month. Another reason why this reminds me of my own life would be because Catherine loves to draw and has offered to draw Jason some words cards for him because he can't talk. I would draw movie covers for my grandpa when I was little  because he owned lots of movies. Catherine has also made a new best friend next door of her house. When I moved I made a best friend who just lives two houses away. At first we were both a little shy but we became best friends.

     In my opinion no one should ever be embarrassed of their own sibling because of what they were born with. Even if that person is like your step-sibling do not be embarrassed by them either because blood does not really matter it is how the person treats you. No one has a perfect life. If someone were to have a perfect life then that means that person is in heaven. Hopefully my sister will have her legs fixed soon and that Catherine figures out a way to appreciate having a brother.

4 comments:

  1. I really don't like how the people get attention for only their physique. People should judge people from their content of their character. Inspired from Martin Luther King Jr. He has a point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented on Nik, Citlalli, and Leanna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice connection in this weeks blog! I didnt want to finish reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarai - Thank you for sharing your personal information about your sister with us. I bet she looks up to you!

    ReplyDelete